Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||God Save The Queen (Orchestral)||4:00|
|A2||Rock Around The Clock
Vocals – Ten Pole Tudor*Written-By – D. E. Knight*, M. Freedman*
|A3||Johnny B Goode
Written-By – C. Berry*
Written-By – J. Richman*
Producer – M. Foote*Vocals – Black Arabs
|A6||Watcha Gonna Do About It
Written-By – Potter*, S.Well*
|A7||Anarchy In The UK||4:00|
Written-By – P. Townshend*
|B3||Don't Give Me No Lip Child||3:30|
|B4||(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone
Written-By – Boyce/Hart*
Written-By – Cochran*, Sheeley*
|C1||L'Anarchie Pour Le U.K.
Producer – J. Davoust*Translated By – L. Brennon*Vocals – Jerzimy
|C2||Einmal Belsen War Vortrefflich (Live)||2:10|
|C3||Einmal Belsen War Wirklich Vortrefflich||2:10|
|C4||No One Is Innocent||3:00|
Written-By – Francois*, Revaux*, Anka*
Written-By – Cochran*, Capehart*
|D3||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle
Written-By – Temple*
|D4||You Need Hands
Vocals – Malcolm McLarenWritten-By – Irwin*
|D5||Friggin' In The Riggin'
Arranged By – Jones*Written-By – Trad.*
- Artwork By [Sleeve Concept And Design] – Jamie Reid And Trevor Key
- Photography [Photos From The Film] – John Tiberi, Heinz Zawodski, Bob Gruen, Trevor Key, June Myles-Kingston, Joe Stevens, Andrew Watson
- Producer – Thraves* (tracks: A3, A4, A6, A7, B2 to B4,), M. Foote* (tracks: A5), Cook* (tracks: A3, A4, A6, A7, B1 to B5, C3 to C5, D1, D3), Jones* (tracks: A3, A4, A6, A7, B, C3 to C5, D1, D3)
- Vocals – Johnny Rotten (tracks: A3, A4, A6, A7, B2 to B4, C2), Malcolm McLaren (tracks: A1, D4), Paul Cook (tracks: B1, D3), Biggs* (tracks: A5, C4), Sid Vicious (tracks: B6, C5, D1, D3), Steve Jones (tracks: B5, D2, D3, D5)
- Written-By – Matlock* (tracks: A1, A5, A7, C1, D2), Rotten* (tracks: A1, A5, A7, C1 to C3, D2), Cook* (tracks: A1, A5, A7, B1, B5, C1 to C4, D2, D3), Biggs* (tracks: A5, C4), Vicious* (tracks: C2, C3), Jones* (tracks: A1, A5, A7, B1, B5, C1 to C4, D2, D3)
NotesThis is the FIRST pressing of the soundtrack album to the film of the same name featuring 23 tracks.
Not all tracks from the film are on the album and not all the tracks on the album were featured in the final released version of the film either!
The track listing on the inner sleeve is correct although 'No one is Innocent' is called 'Cosh The Driver', 'Friggin' In The Riggin' is listed as 'The Good Ship Venus' and 'C'mon Everybody' is written as 'Come On Everybody'.
Also the tracks on the sleeve are not listed in the correct order, it just states 'includes' and is missing 'Who Killed Bambi' & 'Rock Around The Clock'.
The timing of 6 minutes 20 is the total time for tracks A3 and A4.
This sleeve has RED text along the spine.
Some version 1 sleeves included version 2 discs as well as an amended track list paper insert and, in some cases, stickers too including a RARE star shaped sticker which incorrectly states '20 New Tracks' instead of 21.
However, just to confuse matters the LP on which matrix/runout Variant 2 is based contains the original version 1 discs and the paper insert!
℗ 1979 Virgin Records Ltd.
© Matrixbest Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A side - stamped): 122.8003_A DISC01
- Matrix / Runout (B side - stamped): 122.8003_B DISC01
- Matrix / Runout (C side - stamped): 122.8003_C DISC02
- Matrix / Runout (D side - stamped): 122.8003_D DISC02
|VD 2510||Sex Pistols||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle (2xLP, Album)||Virgin||VD 2510||UK||1979|
|VD 2510||Sex Pistols||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle (2xLP, Album, RE)||Virgin||VD 2510||Australia||1981|
|LA-259, LA-259 82.555||Sex Pistols||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle (LP, Album, Fir)||Virgin, Virgin||LA-259, LA-259 82.555||Mexico||1980|
|V-2168, V2168||Sex Pistols||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle (LP, Comp)||Virgin, Virgin||V-2168, V2168||Scandinavia||1980|
|R-8230-CD||Sex Pistols||The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle (CD, Album, MP)||Ranwood Records, Inc||R-8230-CD||US||1986|